|Key of Kings|
|Also Known As||Magus Gate|
The Key of Kings (or Magus Gate) is a superweapon first developed by the demiurges prior to the Universal War. Created alongside the King's Door, the Key of Kings played a critical role in establishing the demiurges' rise to power during the Second Conquest.
Metatron 1 gave the names of YISUN to Zoss, who used them to forge the Keys of Kings. It is implied each name corresponds to one of the 777,777 universes. Zoss parcelled out the keys to the other Demiurges, but kept the original key known as The Master Key or The One Power for himself. Allison now has this key.
Before the Second Conquest, the demiurges introduced two pieces of technology known as the King's Door and the Key of Kings. Together, these inventions allowed rapid transit throughout known space and helped the demiurges expand their empire. Eventually, the Key saw use in the Universal War, both as a weapon and as a means of controlling the King's Doors.
By the end of the War, virtually all the demiurges were eliminated, but at least seven are known to have survived. 111,111 keys currently belong to each of the Black Emperors, while Allison possesses one.
The Key of Kings was designed to be a small device that floats when not in use.
To wield it, the user must insert the Key into his or her forehead.
Anyone who wields a Key of Kings will then gain access to vast magical power, but only a select few are capable of tapping into its full potential. The Key appears to enhance the physical capabilities of the wielder. It gave Allison so much strength that she accidentally made a large dent in a wall when she punched it in frustration, and sufficient tolerance to liquor to outdrink an ebon devil, suffering only nausea in consequence.
Signs of Use
When in use, the Key resembles a glowing gem embedded in the user's forehead. However, equipping a Key can be dangerous; stray Keys are highly sought after and forcibly removing one will almost certainly kill the user (being literally embedded into the forehead).
Because of how the key enhances the soul flame of the wield to an overwhelming extent when a wielder is feeling strong emotion or determination a halo of spirit flame or even greater will form around the crown of their head, If you have seen someone with a halo or a brow-fire, that is soul fire, albeit just the offgassing from stimulation of the inner flame by strong emotion, will, or some such. To have so much soul fire is a great feat by itself and indicative of the raw power a wielder of the key has access to. https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/boi-49-50-jagganoth/ The above plus many examples throughout the webcomic.
A Key of Kings enables the wielding of "The awesome fires of God. The limitless power of pure Creation..." - Meti King of Swords 6-57
- An adept wielder of a Key of Kings is able to 'mantle' that power and wield it in various ways. The bearer may create weapons from the Universal Fire, and/or extra arms to wield those same weapons against opponents. King of Swords 4-42
- The wielder can infuse strikes with the Universal Fire, amplifying their power, damage, and force. https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-105/ https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-10-147/
- A determined wielder of the Key can harness the raw universal fires constantly flowing into them in a myriad of other ways as long as they have the will for it. Floating and flight like Mottom uses to levitate her palace and Solomon to fly freely.
- While fighting in the Ring of Power, Allison demonstrated the ability to manifest the AMUNAN MANTLE ( six arm mantle ) for a short duration. King of Swords 9-97
- “The Princes of the World wielded many secret fires, for which there are many terrible and powerful names. None of them save the Ruling King were able to wield the bolts with which he smote his foes. It was such a dread power that it was rarely seen in even the ancient ages, and never again after the Universal War, where Zoss himself vanished.” – Yubam Bartoph, Jund Vatra King of Swords 9-114
- "Arum-Atum - Perfect Awareness. The Killing Eye. Every cell of the Opponent's body becomes visible. The opponent's meridians may be severed with ease by striking the Seven Killing Points. Aya-yat ! Such terrible design." Breaker of Infinities 1-20
- “The Universal Sword – cut everywhere at once. Then there will be nowhere left for your enemy to stand.” - Ryo ten Ryam Breaker of Infinities 1-23
- A wielder can form projections of themselves to perform actions and strike at their enemies. Since this is derived from the Amuman Mantle, they may also copy weaponry they are wielding or completely new tools onto the projections.https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-8-94-to-8-95-murder-maze/ https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-10-156/ https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinities-1-12-to-1-14/
- The power of a Key can be infused into the wielder's body to elevate physical capabilities such as strength. Allison displayed this when she punched the shower wall. This ability synergizes highly with the wielder learning and mastering martial arts, contributing to the unparalleled prowess of a trained and focused wielder of a Key.
- The opening and closing of the King's Doors.
- Cutting space-time to invoke mystical lightning that teleports the wielder or whatever they choose anywhere in the multiverse. Other wielders can prevent escape via their manipulation of universal lightning. https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-120/
- The difficulty of learning and using magic is vastly decreased to the point where it can become instinctual in certain circumstances. The power and potency of magic is vastly increased. This contributes to all wielders of a Key being able to split worlds if desired. https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-174-177-finale/
- Can be used to defend the user https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-3-29/
- The lightning energy can be projected either to control and fuel magical devices or as a direct blast o energy. https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-7-83/
- After his transformation, Jagganoth as Chakravartin manifested the 'Yenenman Mantle' - The Five Hundred Arm Mantle, The Wheel Strength, The Door Crusher, The Blood Drinking Soul Sword. Breaker of Infinities 2-52
- According to 82, Cio is the only person to have stolen a Key of Kings. CIO stole just a fraction of the key power from Mammon's brow, though that was enough to greatly increase her power. KSBD Seeker of Thrones 2-11
- The events that followed Cio's riotous use of that power led the Heretic's Court and the Concordant Harmonies to cooperate in reducing her from an ebon devil to a blue.
- Abbadon (April 29, 2013). KSBD 1:5. Chapter 1. Page 5.
- Abbadon (June 9, 2013). KSBD 1:14. Chapter 1. Page 14.
- Abbadon (April 17, 2014). KSBD 3:45. Chapter 3. Page 45.
- Abbadon (September 17, 2014). KSBD 4:61. Chapter 4. Page 61.
- Abbadon (April 26, 2014). KSBD 3:46. Chapter 3. Page 46.
- Wielder of Names 2-20
- Abbadon (May 14, 2014). KSBD 3:47. Chapter 3. Page 47.
- Wielder of Names 1-16
- Wielder of Names 3-51
- Abbadon (May 5, 2013). KSBD 1:8. Chapter 1. Page 8.
- Abbadon (October 1, 2013). KSBD 2:24. Chapter 2. Page 24.
- Abbadon (February 13, 2014). KSBD 3:40. Chapter 3. Page 40.
- Wielder of Names 2-34