"Woman. Metia, the First Human, was a woman."
82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil confirms this fact in conversation with the Master of the Concordance of Angels, 2 Michael.
- “When Metia, the first human, crawled from the ash of Koss’ hearth, misbegotten as she was, she was so small, defenseless, and naked that the gods that found her took pity on her. Examining her closely, they found to their amazement that she bore the gift called Death and therefore was able to die, the first truly mortal being on the Wheel. This discovery would later yield great understanding among the gods and lead eventually to their self annihilation, but that is a story for another time. At the moment, they were astounded that a being so weak could exist at all, and therefore lavished her with many secret fires and gifts, so concerned they were with her safety. They first taught her the means of language, and finding secret things, and of making fire and finding food. But it was not long after that they resolved to teach her to defend herself.”
– Eight Hundred Manual King of Swords 8-81
- “Ogam was the first to teach Metia the ways of violence.
‘Make a fist,’ he said, showing her how, ‘And marry it with your enemy’s jaw.’
-Psalms King of Swords 8-83
- “What if my enemy should harm me?” asked Metia of Ogam.
“Harm him first,” said Ogam, “Or else, have a very thick skull.”
– Psalms King of Swords 8-85
The Gods showed the first human to YISUN, bringing her in a walnut shell because she was so delicate. They could not believe how small and frail she was. Though she slept quite peacefully, at every breath they quailed and wrung their hands, fearing that she would fall apart at any moment. They crept carefully and cautiously into YISUN’s speaking hall, cradling her and whispering in hushed tones as they gently presented her upon a cushion before the Lord of Songs.
YISUN took one look at her and said, “This is the most dangerous being in existence.”
-Spasms King of Swords 9-116